Thursday, January 1, 2009

A wintery wedding and a friend from the land down under...

A few months ago a received an e-mail titled - Hello From Australia! - A photographic request‏.

This was a completely unexpected surprise, I thought to myself that I didn't know anyone in Australia except one person. A girl who I
grew up with and spent grades 1 through 12 with in french immersion. We were pretty well inseparable for some of those years. She got married right after high school, became a nurse and moved to Australia. I really hadn't talked to her since then, I am not going to say when that was, but suffice it to say that we just a reunion. Which is why is was so fantastic to hear that she was coming to Medicine Hat for her sisters wedding and also for Christmas.

I spent a few days with Tracie and her family and it was so great to re-connect with an old friend, we had a great time catching up.

Anyhow, the reason Tracie had e-mailed was
because she wanted to have some nice photos taken of the newlyweds to give them as their wedding gift.
So, we met right after the ceremony on a REALLY cold snowy day, here are just a few of my favorites...


The gorgeous bride right before the ceremony...




The handsome groom...


And a couple of the happy newlyweds...

I met the day after with Tracie and the brides side of the family for some fun casual pics - a preview of those will be coming soon too.

Congratulations to you both!

No comments: