Monday, August 4, 2008

Allison & Kevin Nitchke

On a personal note, Skip & I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of Allison & Kevin yesterday. Kevin is my cousin and growing up we were really more like siblings than cousins, we spent so much time together, and fought together just like the real kind do. I was pretty bossy, I was probably to blame. (I say was bossy, but Skip would probably change that to still is...) Anyway, I just want to take a minute and thank them and their parents for a really really fantastic night. The venue itself was great to start off, but Allison came up with some really beautiful decorations, and ideas to make the space their own. Peacock feathers graced the tables in tall gorgeous vases, a candy table with all kinds of chocolates, salt water taffy, jelly beans, lollypops, the list really goes on and on, all in coordinating colors. (Can you tell that was my favorite part?) Specialty cocktails... yum! I also want to thank them for ordering me a vegetarian meal, it doesn't often happen that people remember, and it was greatly appreciated, and enjoyed. I really didn't take too many photos, I just brought the point and shoot. Thank you so much for having us!

Anyway, here are a few to share...


The cake cutting...



The yummy cocktails, Skip's rum and coke, and my something blue...




Two of the cousins...



The newlyweds! Allison had THE MOST AMAZING veil/hat, and vintage looking dress, so beautiful.




Oh, and finally a bat that was having a nap outside on the terrace... don't worry, no one else saw him...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jenn for the great job you did putting together a CD of the Bride and Groom's pictures over the years! It was fantastic, a real treasure. I love your pictures on the website too! The point and shoot works pretty good too!

Bittersweet Photography said...

These pictures are lovely and I'm sure the bride and groom are thrilled :)

Lala said...

A bat! hahahaha I love it! Love all the photos too - what a gorgeous couple!